Home » » Simons Design Studio: Designer Spotligh - Home Design

Simons Design Studio: Designer Spotligh - Home Design

Simons Design Studio: Designer Spotligh



I actually have a VERY unique deal with for you guys nowadays! I can't inform you simply how excited I am approximately nowadays’s Designer Spotlight highlighting one in all my favourite indoors design companies; Simons Design Studio.

Modern Farmhouse Home Tour. Simons Design Studio
Modern Farmhouse Home Tour. Simons Design Studio

Last 12 months during the 2017 Salt Lake City Parade of Homes, I walked in to tour a stunning modern farmhouse built by means of Magleby Construction and right away fell in love and became absolutely blown away by using the design paintings within the home.  From the coloration palette, to the proper selections in textures and accents, to the smallest of layout details, I knew that I needed to discover more about the designer of this notable domestic.


Modern farmhouse by means of Magleby Communities.
Modern Farmhouse Exterior. Simons Design Studio
Modern farmhouse storage doors. Magleby Communities.
I actually have toured a hundred’s of houses over the last 10 years that I were blogging and I knew without delay as I walked thru this home that I turned into seeing something actually extremely good created by way of a completely proficient designer. I no longer handiest found out a lot extra approximately Simons Design Studio but I additionally connected with the talented founder Shawn Simons. I were fortunate to visit with Shawn at duration approximately her design work and excursion numerous more of her projects this 12 months at some point of the 2018 Salt Lake Parade of Homes.

Shawn Simons has been designing houses for greater than 25 years. Four years ago, Shawn released Simons Design Studio inside the Salt Lake place.


 Shawn Simons of Simons Design Studio

 Simons Design Studio Team
Shawn with the Simons Design Studio crew:
I need to start off first by taking walks you although the Magleby Construction farmhouse that I toured closing 12 months when I changed into first added to Shawn and her group’s layout paintings.

When I walked via the Magleby farmhouse, I knew without delay that the designer changed into worried with this task from the start because every element from the outdoors finishes to every single element within the indoors became selected with motive to layer and compliment the general mission. You don’t see that very frequently where the designer is that this involved in pre-production and I wish I saw it greater because of all the customized elements. I found out later that Simons Design Studio works very closely with Magleby Construction in Salt Lake on lots of their new construction initiatives.

Just test how everything from the timber beams, cabinetry layout, floors and normal format all stunning paintings collectively and are layered so harmoniously!


 Modern farmhouse Living Room. Simons Design Studio

It’s no twist of fate that Shawn and her crew observed their inspiration from the perspectives of the Salt Lake City mountains within the that you see through the big living room windows.  Can you trust this view?!


Modern farmhouse Living Room. Simons Design Studio


I requested Shawn wherein she finds of all of her notion for her tasks and she advised me:

“Anywhere I can! I love nature, and take note of how our senses reply to the colours and textures in nature. Anyone who has been thru our projects will see that we LOVE to apply wood! Nothing warms a area like timber. We love to combine woods, metals, and textures, to create an natural area, that we trust is extra undying than cutting-edge.” 


 Modern Farmhouse Home Tour. Simons Design Studio

The white cabinetry combined with natural timber certainly were given my interest ultimate 12 months on this home and I assume it become this kind of lovely and authentic alternative. This is one of these sparkling idea and extremely good way to compromise in case you want a manner to combine in white cabinetry with natural timber.


Modern Farmhouse Kitchen. Simons Design Studio

I also requested Shawn what she notion became the maximum vital detail to include into a space is to provide it an up to date vibe.  I knew before I asked what her answer would be because she does it so nicely and she or he stated:

“Lighting!  Lighting and some updated throw pillows and/or a rug can change the entire experience of the room.”


Modern Farmhouse Kitchen. Simons Design Studio

Shawn and her team do the whole lot so superbly and the lights is usually so “next-level”  in Simons Design Studio areas, which is likewise one of these deal with to see!  For instance, this vicinity over the kitchen home windows turned into the suitable spot for declaration lights but additionally purposeful and the group nailed it with these splendid brass arm lamps!


Modern Farmhouse Kitchen. Simons Design Studio

I also cherished how the black metal finishes mixed with brass had been carried via the home so flawlessly.  I assume this is such a clever concept to pick out one important metallic finish and convey it through for cohesiveness but add a 2nd metal to accent. In this example, matte black steel changed into primary and the brass was used because the secondary accent.

Because Shawn and the rest of her team are concerned are concerned maximum of the time inside the pre-construction of recent houses, design choices are are made before the home is constructed and built into the house. For instance, the stairway to the second one floor and basement level is right within the center of this open house plan so Shawn and her crew have been able to envision and comprise layout factors into the stairs that made it a beautiful focal point/design element inside the area.

I additionally noticed through all of Simons Design Studio’s projects that I actually have seen that the ceiling is in no way forgotten. They contain either announcement lighting, precise ceiling angles or beam styles that definitely make a lovely assertion.


The mixture mudroom and laundry room was beautifully designed and laid out to now not only maximize area but to be light and airy.

When I toured this domestic ultimate year, I became so excited to peer as I walked out into the garage that Simons Design Studio had numerous design forums/palettes laid out now not simplest for the farmhouse but other domestic layout possibilities in this lovely Magleby community located in the Herriman, Utah vicinity.

Here’s the layout board for the farmhouse domestic:



This is the Simons Design Studio layout board for a “Romantic European” fashion domestic within the Magleby network:


Here is the design board for a “Modern Restoration” domestic style:


There is a lot more I want to reveal you on different Simons Studio Design initiatives which have simply inspired me so much. Here’s some extra of my pics from a number of their different initiatives!  Next week, I may be sharing greater details and photos from this year’s Parade of Homes that Shawn and her team designed.


CLICK HERE are some sneak peeks and more detail.



Labels: Home Design

Terimakasih telah membaca artikel Simons Design Studio: Designer Spotligh - Home Design. Silakan share artikel ini ya...!

SUBSCRIBE to OUR NEWSLETTER

Copyright © Home N Tips. All rights reserved.